Sky Mobile launches unlimited streaming with Watch
Sky Mobile announces a new version of its Watch offer, giving customers unlimited streaming on any Sky app, such as Sky Go, Sky Kids, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema, without using a single MB of their data allowance.
With Watch, Sky customers can stream everything from movies and TV shows to unmissable sports matches live through the Sky apps anywhere in the UK and the EU , without using any data. The new feature builds on the existing Watch offering, where you can download shows to your mobile to watch offline with Sky Go Extra, however this is the first time that you’ll be able to stream wherever you are, on-the-go, without using your data allowance.
Watch is available to all Sky Mobile customers, although what you can access will depend on your Sky TV subscription. If you don’t have a TV package, you can still benefit from streaming Sky apps that don’t require a subscription without using your data., such as Sky News.
It’s also available on any data package, including the new Samsung S10 range, which is available from today from just £39 per month with 1GB data and unlimited calls and texts on a Swap24 plan .
Sophia Ahmad, Director of Sky Mobile, comments “We launched Sky Mobile to connect our customers to more of what they love. Streaming films and TV shows on-the-go is now one of the most popular ways to pass time while travelling or commuting – and our new Watch offer makes it easier for our customers to stay up to date with the unmissable must-watch television, from Game of Thrones to F1 races, that we know our customers love.”
Here’s how much data you could save to Watch some of the most popular movies, shows and matches on Sky :
• An episode of Game of Thrones (63 mins): 1.4 GB
• A full Premiere League match (120 mins): 2.7 GB
• One episode of Friends (23 mins): 500 MB
• A full-length film, e.g. Love Simon: (110 mins): 2.5GB
• A full F1 race (125 mins): 2.9GB
The launch of Watch is Sky’s latest shake up of the UK mobile market. Other features include Roll, the first UK data rollover service available to all customers, where all unused monthly data is automatically rolled over and made available for three years – so far, it’s already saved customers a whopping £50m worth of data since launch . You can also exchange rolled data for money off Sky Mobile products through the Piggybank Rewards programme.
Sky Mobile plans at a glance:
• Roll – unused data is automatically rolled into your Sky Piggybank each month so you get to keep it to use whenever you need it for up to three years
• Mix – change your data allowance, up or down, each month to match how much you use, without changing contracts
• Watch - unlimited streaming on all Sky Apps like Sky Go, Sky Sports and Sky Kids without using your data, and download great entertainment to watch offline with Sky Go Extra at no additional cost
• Swap – for those who always want the latest phone model, Swap12 allows customers to upgrade their phone every year without changing their contract. Or customers can opt for Swap24 and get Sky’s lowest monthly price on their handset. For tablets, Swap36 gives customers Sky’s lowest monthly price and the option to upgrade to a new tablet after three years, or those who want a tablet upgrade after two years can opt for Swap24
About Sky With 23 million customers across seven countries, Sky is Europe’s leading media and entertainment company and is proud to be part of the Comcast group.
We have 31,000 colleagues and together we want to connect our customers to more of what they love, including our award-winning original productions, like Patrick Melrose and Save Me, and great shows from our partners including HBO, Showtime and Warner Bros. And our ever improving technology makes it even easier for customers to watch more of the shows they love with personalised recommendations and voice control and, our online streaming service, NOW TV, brings all the enjoyment of Sky with the flexibility of a contract free service.
We treat our customers better than anyone else in our field, as Ofcom’s complaints data shows, and we look after our staff too. Sky is one of The Times Top 50 employers for women and we’re in Stonewall’s list of Top 50 LGBT-Inclusive employers.
We also use our position as the leading entertainment business in Europe to do the right thing. As part of Sky Ocean Rescue campaign we’re committing to be completely single-use plastic free by 2020, we’re investing £25million over five years in ocean-saving tech and we’re supporting the WWF to protect our oceans with designated Marine Protected Areas.