Sky is offering Broadband customers fast and reliable WiFi in every room with the introduction of a new WiFi Guarantee as part of its Boost package.
Customers are now guaranteed a strong, uninterrupted WiFi signal in every room of their home – strong enough to stream their favourite shows, for example via Sky Go or on NOW TV or Netflix . If they don’t currently get this, we’ll do everything we can to optimise their signal, and if it still doesn’t reach these speeds, they’ll get their money back.
As well as benefitting from the WiFi Guarantee, Boost customers also feel safe in the knowledge that their broadband line speeds will be proactively checked by Sky every day - we’ll send a text if we need to fix anything. They’ll also have access to engineer visits, including evenings and weekends, at no extra cost.
The new guarantee will offer peace of mind for busy households where every room has demanding WiFi needs – saving families from the frustration of living, working, streaming and gaming in those rooms with weak or no signal.
“WiFi Guarantee reflects Sky’s commitment to innovation and technology that matches our customers’ evolving connectivity needs” comments Aman Bhatti, Head of Propositions, Sky.
“The need for fast and reliable broadband that reaches every room is more important than ever before – but as you can’t physically see your WiFi signal, it can be difficult for most people to understand what makes it stronger or weaker. Our WiFi Guarantee, combined with the new Sky Hub, genuinely guarantees a strong signal in every room of the house – strong enough to stream movies and TV from Sky Go and Netflix – or your money back.”
WiFi Guarantee will arm Sky engineers with the tools to see how the signal is flowing in an individual home and help them show customers how to get the best signal in each room. Engineers can effectively ‘heat map’ WiFi around the home and look for unique problems, such as spotting a device which is using up a lot of bandwidth in the home.
The next-generation Sky Hub
- Customers who upgrade to the Sky Broadband Boost service will receive a brand-new Sky Broadband Hub, designed with the latest generation of ultrafast technology in mind, and built to address household’s’ ever-increasing connectivity needs.
- The new Sky Broadband Hub offers Sky’s most reliable home broadband service to date. Users can check their own speeds and connected devices online or through the My Sky app
- With a streamlined design, the Sky Broadband Hub features eight antennas that provide better WiFi coverage across different rooms and multiple floors.
More reasons to choose Boost
With Boost, users can also manage their family’s screen time through the Sky Broadband Buddy app – including setting time limits and filters, so family members only see what they should , and pausing the internet for extra family time.
For extra peace of mind, Sky Mobile customers with Boost will also get 2GB of data in their Sky Mobile Piggybank if their broadband line drops out.
Sky Boost pricing with WiFi Guarantee
From the 6th September, Sky Broadband Boost with WiFi Guarantee will be available from £5 a month and can be added onto any of our Sky Broadband packages. Existing customers will need to enter a new 18-month contract.
All Sky Broadband packages include unlimited usage, line rental, Sky Pay As You Talk and a Sky Hub as standard.
Notes to editors
For information contact: Skybroadband@feverpr.com
- Minimum speeds of 3Mbps guaranteed
- Money back guarantee includes the full amount
paid for Sky Broadband Boost since start of contract. until date you claim, and we waive the boost fee for remainder of the
WiFi Guarantee: How it works:
1. Test your WiFi router speeds via Sky’s online checker or through My Sky app
2. If your WiFi isn’t performing as well as it should , Sky will launch an investigation and send a booster to help improve signal
3. If it still isn’t performing as well as it should, you’ll get a home visit from a Sky Engineer to optimise the signal in every room. Sky Boost customers will have access to evening and weekend appointments as part of the service, so they don’t have to wait in or take time out of the working week to have their WiFi enhanced
4. If you still aren’t receiving signal in every room – we’ll refund your Boost upgrade for the remaining time in your contract
With 24 million customers across seven countries, Sky is Europe’s leading media and entertainment company and is proud to be part of the Comcast group. Our 31,000 employees help connect our customers with the very best of Sports, News, the arts and to our own local, original content. Following the success of Sky originals like Chernobyl, Patrick Melrose, Das Boot and Gomorrah we launched Sky Studios and now plan to more than double our investment in original drama and comedy over the next five years.
Our technology allows customers to watch what they want, when they want, how they want, and as we connect millions of families to content they love, it is our responsibility to do it safely – that’s why we offer services like Sky Broadband Buddy and the Sky Kids app. And our online streaming service, NOW TV, brings viewers all the enjoyment of Sky with the flexibility of a contract-free service.
We also believe that a company of our scale has a responsibility that goes beyond our business, and into the community. Our Sky Ocean Rescue campaign has reached millions across Europe, we’re on track to be free of single-use plastic by 2020, we’re investing £25million over five years in ocean-saving tech and we’re a proud employer – recognised by The Times and Stonewall for our approach to inclusivity.