- Iconic quotes from Frozen, Scooby-Doo and Toy Story are the TV phrases that parents hear their children say the most
- Sky Q launches new Kids Quotes voice search, with 25 of the most popular phrases, so families can easily find the TV they love
- The new feature will help more than half of Brits who admit they can’t always understand which TV show their child wants to watch
- Storm Keating partners with Sky Q to launch the service
“Let it Go”, “Scooby-Dooby-Doo” and “To Infinity and Beyond” have been revealed as the UK’s most memorable kids’ TV and film catchphrases, according to new research. “Paw Patrol is on a roll”, Bob the Builder’s “Can we fix it? Yes, we can!” and “Yabba Dabba Doo” from The Flintstones all feature in the top 50 iconic phrases.
The research, commissioned by Sky Q to mark the launch of Kids Quotes voice search, found that more than two thirds of children use phrases from their favourite films and TV shows every day, with over half of parents resorting to saying quotes to work out what their kids want to watch on TV.
The poll revealed that almost two thirds of youngsters refer to their favourite shows using only sounds and more than one in ten parents said their children had used a pig snort to tell them that they wanted to watch Peppa Pig, before they could say the words.
Despite this, more than half of parents still struggle to understand which show or film their child is asking to watch. So, to help families quickly get to the TV their kids want, Sky Q has launched Kids Quotes, a new voice search feature, with 25 of the nation’s most iconic catchphrases now added to its leading voice control platform. From today, parents and kids will be able to say family favourites, such as “Chase is on the case” a quote from Paw Patrol, into their Sky Q voice remote and easily find the shows kids love, making guessing a thing of the past!
The timely update arrives on Sky Q as the research found that almost eight in ten children, who have a TV voice search function, use it to try and find their favourite shows using quotes and catchphrases. Almost nine in ten adults even said voice search helps their child to pick what they want to watch more easily, especially for children who can’t read or spell yet.
Storm Keating, who is fronting the campaign for Sky Q comments: “We have great fun watching Cooper and Coco’s favourite shows together as a family and now Cooper can use his favourite phrases with Sky Q’s ‘Kids Quotes’ to easily get to what he wants to watch. He definitely knows more phrases than I do, but now I don’t need to play the guessing game!”
Fraser Stirling, Group Chief Product Officer, Sky, said: “It’s natural to talk to your TV, which is why kids love using voice search on Sky Q, and by adding their favourite catchphrases we’re making finding what they want to watch fun, easy and quick!”
Delving deeper, the research also revealed almost four in ten children began to use a TV remote independently before they started school, and more than three quarters do so before the age of five.
To find out more head to Sky Q now to try out the fun new search terms and discover the best entertainment, in one easy place, from Sky TV, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Disney+ and more. Or to start your entertainment journey sign up to Sky Q from £25 per month on an 18-month contract, head to sky.com/tv.
Notes to Editors:
- The study, conducted by OnePoll, asked 1,000 parents of 2–7-year-old children about their favourite entertainment and TV habits.
- Subscriptions may be required to access some content.
Full list of 25 voice command quotes added to the service:
- “Let it Go” Frozen
- “Scooby-Dooby-Doo” Scooby Doo
- “To infinity and beyond” Toy Story
- “Can we fix it? Yes we can” Bob the Builder
- “What’s up Doc?” Looney Tunes
- “Yabba Dabba Doo” The Flintstones
- “Hakuna Matata” Lion King
- “Paw Patrol is on a roll” Paw Patrol
- “Oh George” Peppa Pig
- “Chase is on the case” Paw Patrol
- “Tinky Winky, Dipsy, La-La, Po” Teletubbies
- “That’s all folks” Looney Tunes
- “Tweety Pie” Looney Tunes
- “I love muddy puddles” Peppa Pig
- “Great fires of London” Fireman Sam
- “Octonauts to the HQ” Octonauts
- “Zoinks!” Scooby Doo
- “Aye aye captain” SpongeBob Squarepants
- “Go ninja Go!” Lego Ninjago
- “Magic always leads to trouble” Ben and Holly
- “Buzz Lightyear and Woody” Toy Story
- “Let’s Blaze” Blaze and the monster machines
- “Let’s hop to it” Peter Rabbit
- “It’s a bing thing” Bing
- “Come on Flop” Bing
Top 50 memorable and iconic kids TV and film phrases according to parents:
- “Let it Go” – Frozen
- “Scooby-Dooby-Doo” – Scooby Doo
- “To infinity and beyond” – Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story
- “Can we fix it? Yes we can” – Bob the Builder
- “What’s up Doc?” – Bugs Bunny
- “Yabba Dabba Doo” – The Flintstones
- “Hakuna Matata” – Lion King
- “Paw Patrol is on a roll” – Paw Patrol
- “Peeeeepa Pig” – Peppa Pig
- “Chase is on the case” – Paw Patrol
- “Eh-oh” – Teletubbies
- “Th-th-th that’s all folks” – Looney Tunes
- “I taught I taw a putty tat” – Tweety Pie
- “I love muddy puddles” – Peppa Pig
- *Pig snort* for Peppa Pig
- “Upsy Daisy” – In the Night Garden
- “Thunderbirds are go” – Thunderbirds
- “It’s a bing thing” – Bing
- “Cowabunga” – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- “Hello, hello, how are you?” – Something Special / Mr Tumble
- “Oh no, a Gruffalo” – The Gruffalo
- “You’re Welcome” – Moana
- “Exterminate” – Doctor Who
- ‘Oink oink’ – Peppa Pig
- “Howdy Partner” – Woody, Toy Story
- *Choo Choo* - Thomas and Friends
- “Oh, George”– Peppa Pig
- “You really are a useful engine” – Thomas and Friends
- "Meet meep" - Road Runner/ Looney Tunes
- “Into the night to save the day, it’s time to be a hero” – PJ masks
- “Let’s Blaze” – Blaze and the monster machines
- “Zoinks” – Shaggy / Scooby Doo
- “Aye aye captain” – Spongebob Squarepants
- “Let’s hop to it” – Peter Rabbit
- "Thundercats, Hoooo!" – Thundercats
- “Hoppity-voosh” – Bing
- “Quack” – Sarah and Duck
- “Swiper, no swiping” – Dora the Explorer
- “These paws uphold the laws” – Paw Patrol
- "Autobots, transform and roll out!" – Transformers
- 'Woof woof' – Clifford The Big Red Dog, Spot The Dog, Paw Patrol
- 'Baaaa' – Shawn the Sheep
- “Wakey wakey tofu eggs and bacey” – Teen Titans Go
- 'Beep beep' – Cars
- “Great fires of London” – Fireman Sam
- “Hold onto your bobs, bits” – Bits and Bobs
- “Octonauts to the HQ” – Octonauts
- “Go Ninja go” – Lego Ninjago
- “Magic always leads to trouble” – Ben and Holly
- “Fab-a-roonie” – The Tweenies
Sky is Europe’s leading media and entertainment company and is proud to be part of the Comcast group. Across six countries, we connect our 23.4 million customers to the best entertainment, sports, news and arts including our own award-winning original content.
Our technology, including the market leading Sky Q, connects people to everything they love – with entertainment from Sky TV, Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video and BBC iPlayer, and apps like Spotify, YouTube, BBC Sounds, Highbrow, Peloton, Fiit, and more, in one place, easy. Our streaming service NOW brings viewers all the enjoyment of Sky with the flexibility of a contract-free service. Through our new B2B broadband provider, Sky Connect, we offer superfast broadband with business-grade 4G back-up to small businesses in the UK.
Building on the success of Sky Originals like Chernobyl, Gangs of London and Brassic, we are doubling our investment in original content by 2024 through Sky Studios. Sky News provides impartial and trustworthy journalism for free, Sky Arts is the UK’s only dedicated free-to-air arts channel making the arts accessible for everyone and Sky Sports, our leading sports broadcasting service, brings customers some of the biggest and best global sporting events from the Premier League to Formula 1 and everything in-between. Our new TV and movie studio, Sky Studios Elstree, which will open in 2022, is expected to create over 2,000 new jobs and generate an additional £3 billion of production investment in the UK over the first five years.
We believe that we can be a force for good in the communities in which we operate. We’re committed to being Europe’s first net zero carbon entertainment company by 2030 and we’re proud to be a Principal Partner and Media Partner of COP26. We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for our commitment to diversity and we’ve set ambitious 2025 targets to continue to increase diversity and representation. We’re also committed to investing £30million across our markets over three years to improve our approach to diversity and inclusion, and to tackle racial injustice.