From today, the Netflix app launches on NOW TV streaming devices, meaning you can now easily watch all your favourite shows in one place.
Simply sign-up or sign-in to your Netflix account on device and you can easily hop between NOW TV Entertainment Pass blockbusters like A Discovery of Witches, The Walking Dead and Patrick Melrose and Netflix Originals such as The Crown, Stranger Things and Queer Eye.
As well as adding Netflix to the wide range of apps already available, NOW TV also revealed the launch of its most powerful ever streaming device – the NOW TV Smart Box with 4K & Voice
Available from September 26th, the Roku Powered NOW TV Smart Box with 4K & Voice Search offers 4K Ultra HD streaming at up to 60fps, with HDR delivering true to life colours and outstanding clarity - perfect for those with a Premium Netflix account who fancy a night in watching Orange is the New Black or Glow in 4K.
Voice Search also comes with the new NOW TV Smart Box so you can quickly find your favourite shows, films, actors, directors and apps. Plus Live Pause technology ensures you don’t miss any of the action on NOW TV’s premium live channels including Sky Sports, FOX, Comedy Central and Sky Atlantic.
Priced at £45.99 the NOW TV Smart Box with 4K & Voice Search is the lowest priced 4K streaming device in the UK and is available from nowtv.com. It will also be available bundled with a month’s Entertainment, Sky Cinema, Kids and Sky Sports Day Pass for just £49.99 from major retailers including Argos and Currys PCWorld.
Gidon Katz, Managing Director of NOW TV, commented on the addition of Netflix and the new 4K:
“With 4K and Voice Search the
powerful new NOW TV Smart Box gets you to your favourite shows faster than ever
and lets you explore the expanding world of 4K content across our apps. Plus,
settle in and stream the shows you love all in one place as we end the struggle
with TV inputs by adding Netflix to our NOW TV Smart Stick and Smart Box.”
Netflix joins over 50 apps currently available across NOW TV devices, including UKTV Play, Red Bull TV, Sky Store, YouTube and Vevo. You can also browse the best UK catch-up services, including BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5.
Get your NOW TV Smart Box with 4K & Voice Search from https://www.nowtv.com/tv-smart-box
Notes to Editors
Key Features: NOW TV Smart Box with 4K & Voice Search.
- 4K capable Box with Ultra HD streaming at up to 60 fps and HD
- Voice Search to quickly find shows, films, actors or directors or dive straight into your apps
- Download over 50 apps including Netflix, Sky News, YouTube, UKTV Play and Vevo
- Browse the best UK catch-up services, including BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5.
- Live pause technology across NOW TV’s premium live channels
- Switch to ‘Night Mode’ to reduce loud sounds, like explosions in your favourite action movie, so you don’t wake the whole house.
- Micro SD storage so you can save additional apps
- A Wi-Fi remote that can turn your TV on and off and control volume – to reduce the need for multiple remotes
- Direct access buttons take you straight to My TV, TV Guide, Kids and Sky Store
- The Walking Dead returns to Box Sets from 1st October
About NOW TV
- You can sign-up or start a free 30 day trial of Netflix through your NOW TV device
- New NOW TV devices will come with Netflix as standard. If you already have a NOW TV device you will need to head to the App Store and download the Netflix app into your My Apps section.
NOW TV is a pick-and-mix TV streaming service that lets you choose from a range of passes contract free.
Available anytime, anywhere in the UK, you can watch through a NOW TV Box or NOW TV Smart Stick, or on the web. The NOW TV app is also available on over 60 devices.
Whether you’re into big dramas, blockbuster movies, live sports, US reality TV or just some extra TV for the kids, NOW TV offers five passes which include the latest and best TV and movies: Entertainment, Sky Cinema, Kids, hayu and Sky Sports.
This includes Sky Atlantic, over 300 Box Sets on demand, all 10 Sky Sports channels and over 1,000 movies – all available with no contract.
For more information visit nowtv.com
Follow us at Facebook.com/NOWTV
Join the conversation on Twitter @NOWTV
Visit us at Youtube.com/nowtvofficial
Netflix is the world’s leading internet entertainment service with 130 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without adverts or commitments.