- Here We Flo has won the Grand Prix £1m prize of the inaugural Sky Zero Footprint Fund - a £2m advertising initiative which aims to inspire behavioural change for a more sustainable future
- Other winners OLIO, OVO Energy, Pura and Path Financial have already secured a £250k media value to support their Net Zero Carbon initiatives. The ads will be unveiled as part of a launch campaign linked to coincide with the COP26 conference which Sky is a key partner
- The ads will be unveiled in line with COP26 in November, of which Sky is a key partner
Sky has announced the Grand Prix winner of its Sky Zero Footprint Fund initiative – a £2m advertising fund which supports and inspire others to join the journey to Net Zero Carbon. The fund was established to help accelerate and amplify initiatives that drive positive behavioural change and tangible impact towards creating a more sustainable future.
Challenger sanitary and sexual health brand Here We Flo secured the Grand Prix £1m prize ahead of the other four finalists at a showcase held last night. All five shortlisted businesses had already secured £250,000 as part of the scheme with Here We Flo receiving an extra £750k.
Susan C.Allen, Co-Founder and interim SHE-EO of Here We Flo"We're beyond thrilled for this incredible win! Winning the Sky Zero Footprint Fund prize will bring our mission, of making shamelessly natural care for life's messiest moments, to levels it never reached before, completely transforming our business. We're so proud to finally have a wide-reaching platform to talk about periods and sustainability in ways that have never been done before, and we're so excited to be bringing our Period Drama into the world alongside the Hatch London team!"
The decision was made last night (Monday 18th) at the May Fair Hotel in London where each brand unveiled their ads. The winning campaign was selected by a panel of credible and knowledgeable judges with strong views on advertising, creativity and sustainability. Judges included advertising legend Sir John Hegarty; Su-Mei Thompson, CEO of the Media Trust; Juliet Davenport, Founder and Director of Good Energy; Lindsey Clay, CEO Thinkbox; Fiona Ball, Group Director of the Bigger Picture at Sky; Stephen Woodford, Chair of the Advertising Association; Jo Coombes, Founder of AdGreen, Gideon Spanier, UK Editor-in-Chief of Campaign and Karen Blackett OBE, Country Manager at WPP & GroupM UK CEO.
Judges were impressed with all final creatives presented but after tough deliberation, Here We Flo secured the Grand Prix because of its “ability to share their entire brand story in 30” and doing in it in a funny, challenging and memorable way”
Sarah Jones Director of Planning at Sky Media commented, “A huge congratulations to Here We Flo for winning the £1m Sky Zero Footprint fund. The judges were truly impressed with the passion for their business which shone through at every stage of the process. They have produced a fantastic TV ad that we believe will have a tangible impact on consumer behaviour.
All the finalists delivered brilliant pitches with high quality, big impact, creative TV executions - Olio, OVO Energy, Path financial and Pura will launch their new TV campaigns alongside Here We Flo in a couple of weeks. We know that all our 5 winners will play a key role in encouraging the nation to make small but significant changes to help the planet. It’s exciting that through the process we’ve unearthed new and disruptive brands, giving them a platform to amplify their message through the power of TV.”
The five winning ads were all produced following best practice advice and recommendations from the Advertising Association’s AdGreen programme. The ads will be unveiled as part of a launch campaign linked to coincide with the COP26 conference which Sky is a key partner of.
Established by Sky, the Footprint Fund is part of the Sky Zero campaign to be net zero carbon by 2030. The five finalists of Sky Zero’s Footprint Fund are:
- Here We Flo - Founded in 2013,Here We Flo believes that what we put in our bodies should be as natural as possible, kind to our bodies and kind to the planet. From biodegradable pad liners to organic tampons, all products are vegan and cruelty free and made from 100% organic or natural materials.
- OLIO -The number 1 free sharing app,OLIO, allows users to find people that are giving away food and household items to their neighbours for free. It strives to fight waste, help the local community and save the planet!
- OVO Energy - OVO puts the planet at the heart. It offers 100% renewable electricity on all plans. It also plants a carbon-busting tree for every year a customer joins.
- Path Financial -The Path is a financial advisory firm with the idea that pensions, savings, and investments could be used as a force to reverse climate change. While offering practical financial advice, The Path is aligned with UN Sustainable Development Goals and focuses on ethically-led investment strategies.
- Pura - Launched by two Cheshire-based parents, Pura, offers affordable, sustainable baby products. From eco-friendly nappies to flushable baby wipes, Pura helps people to take care of the planet as well as their family.
Notes to editors
Qualifying conditions and offer prize confirmation can be found on fund website.
To get all further details on the Sky Zero Footprint Fund, visit sky media.co.uk/skyzerofootprintfund.
Sky is Europe’s leading media and entertainment company and is proud to be part of Comcast Corporation. Across six countries, we connect our 23 million customers to the best entertainment, sports, news, arts and to our own award-winning original content.
Following the launch of Sky Glass, we now offer customers our strongest ever line-up of products and services. As well as the new streaming TV with Sky inside and everything integrated, customers can enjoy the award-winning Sky Q with all your favourite channels and apps in one place, and with Sky Go you can now access an even better experience on your devices. Sky TV has new channels, new shows and new deals with Peacock, Paramount+ and more. Sky Mobile was voted Best Pay Monthly and Best Value Pay Monthly network by Uswitch, and with Sky Broadband we’re offering our fastest speeds yet.
Building on the success of Sky Originals like Chernobyl, Gangs of London and Brassic, we are doubling our investment in original content by 2024 through Sky Studios. Our new TV and movie studio, Sky Studios Elstree, is expected to create over 2,000 new jobs and generate an additional £3 billion of production investment in the UK over the first five years alone. Sky News provides impartial and trustworthy journalism for free, Sky Arts is the UK’s only dedicated free-to-air arts channel making the arts accessible for everyone and Sky Sports, our leading sports broadcasting service, brings customers some of the biggest and best global sporting events from the Premier League to Formula 1 and everything in-between. Sky Cinema is the home of Sky Original films with brand new films launching every month alongside an unrivalled range of the latest cinema releases and on demand library.
We believe that we can be a force for good in the communities in which we operate. We’re committed to being Europe’s first net zero carbon entertainment company by 2030 and we’re proud to be a Principal Partner and Media Partner of COP26 – the UN Climate Change Conference. We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for our commitment to diversity, and we’ve set ambitious 2025 targets to continue to increase diversity and representation. We’re also committed to investing £30million across our markets over the next three years to improve our approach to diversity and inclusion, and to tackle racial injustice.
Website: www.SkyMedia.co.uk LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sky-media-uk/
Website: www.Adsmartfromsky.co.uk LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/adsmart-from-sky/
Tom Broughton / Leah Fullalove / Elentay Alcock / Abi Beaton
0207 046 608