- Sky original, Roald & Beatrix: The Tail Of The Curious Mouse, launched on Sky One with a 7 day cumulative audience of 3.12m, making it the biggest rating show of the Christmas period for Sky ever.
- Sky One’s festive schedule proved a hit with viewers, with Jack and the Beanstalk: After Ever After drawing in a cumulative audience of 1.77m to date which is up on the previous year’s Cinderella: After Ever After and other shows such as A League of Their Own Christmas Special bringing in a strong audience of 1.6m.
- Viewers also tuned into content on Sky Arts and Sky Comedy, as both channels reported their best ratings ever across New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day respectively.
- According to BARB data, 2020 is Sky’s best Christmas ever (since 2002), as the Christmas Eve-Boxing Day period was up +29% YoY across the Sky Entertainment channels.
- Roald & Beatrix: The Tail Of The Curious Mouse, is inspired by the true story of when a six-year old Roald Dahl set off on a big adventure to meet his favourite author, Beatrix Potter. It’s a magical story of what can happen when you are brave enough to follow your dreams… The one-off Sky original has been described as “a beguiling Christmas treat” and ”a charming festive story” by critics.
Critical Acclaim for Roald & Beatrix: The Tail Of The Curious Mouse
- “A truly heart-warming tale” Daily Telegraph
- “A charming festive story” Daily Mail Weekend
- ***** - Mail On Sunday
- “A beguiling Christmas treat” Daily Telegraph
- “One of the very best things on this Christmas” The Times
- “Moving and magical” The Times
- “A must watch” Spectator Life
Roald & Beatrix: The Tail Of The Curious Mouse is available on Sky On Demand and streaming service NOW TV.
Sky is Europe’s leading media and entertainment company and is proud to be part of the Comcast group. Across six countries, we connect our nearly 24 million customers to the best entertainment, sports, news, arts and to our own award-winning original content.
Our technology, including the market leading Sky Q, connects people to everything they love - TV, music, games, online video, fitness and educational content, all in one place, easy. Our streaming service, NOW TV, brings viewers all the enjoyment of Sky with the flexibility of a contract-free service.
Building on the success of Sky Originals like Chernobyl, I Hate Suzie and Brassic, we are doubling our investment in original content by 2024 through Sky Studios. Sky News provides impartial and trustworthy journalism for free, while Sky Arts, the UK’s only dedicated free-to-air arts channel, makes the arts accessible for everyone. Our new TV and movie studio, Sky Studios Elstree, is expected to create over 2,000 new jobs and generate an additional £3 billion of production investment in the UK over the first five years alone.
We believe that we can be a force for good in the communities in which we operate. We’re committed to being Europe’s first net zero carbon entertainment company by 2030. We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for our commitment to diversity and we’ve put in place a new programme to invest £30million across our markets over the next three years to tackle racial injustice.
About NOW TV
NOW TV is a leading UK streaming service, giving you the best TV, box sets, movies, sports and kids entertainment whenever, and wherever, you want it. Pick from the range of content passes including Entertainment, Sky Cinema, Sky Sports, Kids and reality TV with hayu.
You can stream content to watch through the NOW TV app, available on over 60 devices including the NOW TV Smart Stick and Smart Box and even download your favourite shows and movies to watch on the go.
NOW TV is the home of the best new and original British comedies, Oscar, BAFTA, and Emmy award winning dramas, Sky Originals and movies. NOW TV customers can enjoy over 30 new movies every month and Sky Atlantic shows, without a contract.
Sports fans can enjoy all the action across all 11 Sky Sports channels through day, week or month passes.
NOW TV also offers great value reliable broadband as a standalone contract-free service with NOW Broadband
For more information, visit nowtv.com
For the latest special offers visit nowtv.com/offers
Follow us at facebook.com/NOWTV
Check out our latest videos and pictures at Instagram.com/NOWTV
Join the conversation on twitter @NOWTV.