Sky and Amazon team up to bring their best entertainment together in time for Christmas
Sky and Amazon team up to bring their best entertainment together in time for Christmas
- Amazon Prime Video app will launch on Sky Q, Sky Ticket and NOW TV devices from 14th December
- NOW TV app will be available on select Fire TV devices and Fire TV Edition smart TVs for the first time
- New multi-year European partnership will bring customers unmissable TV and film, in one place, easy
Sky and Amazon today announced a new long-term partnership that will see Prime Video launch on Sky and NOW TV devices across Europe from 14th December, while the NOW TV and Sky Ticket apps will also come to Fire TV devices.
The partnership means customers in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria and Italy will now be able to watch all the most talked-about and award-winning TV series, films and sport from Sky and Prime Video in one place in time for Christmas.
For the first time, Sky UK customers will be able to watch every live Premier League fixture on Sky Sports, Prime Video and BT Sport without switching devices. Plus, with new Amazon Original series like survival drama The Wilds and The Grand Tour: A Massive Hunt launching in December, this deal opens up new depths of entertainment for Sky and NOW TV customers, all in one place. And in time for Christmas, movie fans will have access to a wide range of new releases and family favourites across Prime Video including Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, Uncle Frank and I’m Your Woman for the ultimate movie marathon.
Stephen van Rooyen, EVP & CEO UK & Europe Sky said: “Sky Q customers are receiving an early Christmas present on their boxes this year in the form of Amazon Prime Video.”
“Anyone who needs to get stuck into something new after The Undoing on Sky Atlantic will now be able to flip right over to The Boys on Prime Video, without ever leaving Sky Q. Amazon Prime Video TV shows, movies and more will sit alongside Sky Originals and Netflix, as well as apps like Disney+, BBC iPlayer, FiiT and much more. This will make it even easier for you to access everything you love, in one place.
“I’m delighted that this deal will give even more people access to our brilliant NOW TV and Sky Ticket apps through Amazon Fire TV devices and Fire TV Edition.”
“We’re pleased to be bringing our Prime Video app to Sky Q and NOW TV devices in time for the holidays,” said Jay Marine, Vice President, Prime Video Worldwide. “With winter settling in, and our new binge-watch obsession The Wilds about to launch, it’s a perfect time for Sky customers to catch up on our award-winning Prime Video TV shows, movies, and live sport, including Prime Video’s exclusive live broadcasts of 20 English Premier League games this December. Plus, with NOW TV launching on Fire TV – customers in the UK have never had it better when it comes to choosing what to watch however they are watching.”
In the UK, Italy and Ireland the Prime Video app will launch on NOW TV devices, as well as Sky Ticket devices in Germany, on 14th December. The NOW TV app will be rolling out on select Fire TV devices and Fire TV Edition smart TVs to customers in, Italy, Ireland, Austria and Switzerland through early 2021 with Sky Ticket also rolling out on Fire TV devices and Fire TV Edition smart TVs in Germany through the first part of 2021.
It’s easy to watch Prime Video on Sky Q
Sky Q customers will be able to find Prime Video by saying “Launch Prime Video” into their voice remote to pair their Sky Q box with their existing Prime membership or their standalone Prime Video subscription. It’ll also be in the Apps rail, and must-watch Amazon Originals will feature on the Sky Q Home page alongside the best from Sky, Netflix and Disney+, making it easier than ever to choose what to watch. Customers can expect even more Prime Video integration, such as voice search for TV series, movies and more, in 2021.
Sky customers who are not yet Prime Video customers can sign up via the Amazon Prime Video app, to enjoy a 30-day free trial.
NOW TV on Amazon Fire TV Devices in the UK
The NOW TV app will be available on Fire TV devices from December- with roll-out beginning on Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick Lite and Fire TV Stick 4K from 14th December. NOW TV customers will be able to download the app and log in to access Original shows on Sky Atlantic, the biggest fixtures on Sky Sports and family favourites on Sky Cinema.
Fire TV customers who are not yet NOW TV customers can sign up to NOW TV passes, including Sky Cinema, Entertainment and Sky Sports by visiting nowtv.com/amazon.
Sky is Europe’s leading media and entertainment company and is proud to be part of the Comcast group. Across six countries, we connect our 24 million customers to the best entertainment, sports, news, arts and to our own award-winning original content.
Sky offers bespoke and flexible services across TV, broadband, phone and mobile, with Sky Mobile recently named Uswitch’s network of the year 2020. Our technology, including the market leading Sky Q, connects people to the everything they love - TV, music, games, online video, fitness and educational content, all in one place easy. Our streaming service, NOW TV, brings viewers all the enjoyment of Sky with the flexibility of a contract-free service.
Building on the success of Sky Originals like Chernobyl, I Hate Suzie and Brassic, we are doubling our investment in original content by 2024 though Sky Studios. Sky News provides impartial and trustworthy journalism for free, while Sky Arts the UK’s only dedicated free-to-air arts channel, makes arts accessible for everyone. Our new TV and movie studio, Sky Studios Elstree, is expected to create over 2,000 new jobs and generate an additional £3 billion of production investment in the UK over the first five years alone.
We believe that we can be a force for good in the communities in which we operate. We’re committed to being Europe’s first net zero carbon entertainment company by 2030. We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for our commitment to diversity and we’ve put in place a new programme to invest £30million across our markets over the next three years to tackle racial injustice.
About NOW TV
NOW TV is a leading UK streaming service, giving you the best TV, box sets, movies, sports and kids entertainment whenever, and wherever, you want it. Pick from the range of content passes including Entertainment, Sky Cinema, Sky Sports, Kids and reality TV with hayu.
You can stream content to watch through the NOW TV app, available on over 60 devices including the NOW TV Smart Stick and even download your favourite shows and movies to watch on the go.
NOW TV is the home of the best new and original British comedies, Oscar, BAFTA, and Emmy award winning dramas, Sky originals and movies. NOW TV customers can enjoy over 30 new movies every month and Sky Atlantic shows, without a contract.
Sports fans can enjoy all the action across all 11 Sky Sports channels through day or month passes.
You can also boost your NOW TV viewing experience with 1080p HD and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound, and watch on up to 3 devices at the same time. All for just £3 a month. See full details at help.nowtv.com/boost
NOW TV also offers great value reliable broadband as a standalone contract-free service with NOW Broadband.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of TV shows, movies, sport and more — all available to watch on practically any device:
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, award-winning Amazon Originals and other exclusives, sports, and more. Think UK-produced Amazon Originals such as Good Omens, The Grand Tour and All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur, US hits like Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Homecoming; as well as exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; movies like the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, The Salesman, The Big Sick and Cold War; as well as live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis, the Rugby Union Autumn Nations Cup and Premier League football. All available at no additional cost as part of Prime Video, which is available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide (offers and titles vary based on location).
- Watch More with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 70+ channels like Discovery, ITV Hub+, Eurosport Player, hayu, STARZPLAY and more — no extra apps to download; no long term contract required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at Amazon.co.uk/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, with special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant Access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box including Virgin, TalkTalk and BT, game console, or select smart TVs. For a list of all compatible devices, visit Amazon.co.uk/watchanywhere.
- Enhanced Experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favourite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many benefits included with a Prime membership, along with unlimited fast free delivery options on millions of items as well as exclusive deals and discounts at Amazon.co.uk, exclusive content with Prime Gaming, access to ad-free music, Kindle ebooks, and unlimited photo storage. To sign-up or start a free trial of Prime visit: Amazon.co.uk/prime
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit Amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.