- Sky Broadband Gigafast offers full-fibre speeds of 900 Mb/s for new and existing customers, with a speed guarantee of 600 Mb/s
- Connect more than 120 devices to the Sky Broadband Hub
- Game-changing speeds for busy connected homes at just £55/month for 18-months, find out more at Sky.com/Broadband
Sky Broadband, voted Choose Broadband Award’s Best Customer Service ISP, has today launched its new full fibre broadband package, Gigafast – offering incredible speeds of 900 Mb/s.
The new package, which is delivered only through FTTP (Fibre to the Premises), is 25x faster than the average speed of Sky’s Superfast 35 package and offers a high-standard Speed Guarantee of 600 Mb/s. Sky Broadband’s Speed Guarantee means you can claim a month’s subscription back if your speed falls below the minimum guaranteed speed.
Perfect for busy, WiFi hungry homes, Sky Broadband Gigafast lets you connect more than 120 devices at the same time to its full fibre broadband. Giving you the freedom to simultaneously stream, work and game online, whether it be via live stream on Twitch, Discord or holding a gaming online party, Gigafast lets you download games and buffer large game updates all at the same time, in every room.
Available to new and existing customers in FTTP areas; with Sky Broadband Gigafast you can benefit from:
- The power to play multiplayer games direct from the cloud with low latency, meaning no delays to your winning streak with speeds of 900 Mb/s, with no usage caps
- Sky Broadband’s Speed Guarantee as standard, so if speed falls below the minimum guaranteed speed, you can claim a full month’s money back
- The ease of being able to upload large files in seconds when working from home, with an average upload speed of 90 Mb/s
- Streaming all your favourite films and content in UHD, from multiple devices in multiple rooms, by bringing a cinematic experience to the comfort of your own home
- The ability to connect more than 120 devices all at once meaning you can continue to add the latest connected devices
Sky Broadband Gigafast gives homes the best broadband speeds available, low latency and the ability to be connect, stream, work or browse from multiple devices at once for just £55 per month on an 18-month contract.
“With game changing speeds that are 25x faster than our standard fibre (36mb/s), Sky Broadband Gigafast offers WiFi hungry homes the ability to connect lots of devices at any one time, delivered through our reliable network with award-winning customer service.” said Aman Bhatti, Director of Propositions, Sky Broadband.
New and existing customers taking Sky Broadband Gigafast will receive the latest Sky Broadband Hub.
Gigafast joins the Sky Broadband family with a range of fibre packages, including:
- Superfast 35 – average download speeds of 36 Mb/s
- Superfast – average download speeds of 59 Mb/s
- Ultrafast – average download speeds of 145 Mb/s
- Ultrafast Plus – average download speeds of 500 Mb/s
With Sky Broadband Boost, for just £5 a month, customers are guaranteed minimum speeds and WiFi coverage in every room or money back. Customers can also keep connected thanks to free engineer visits and daily line checks.
To find out more about Sky Broadband and sign up today, head to sky.com/broadband.
Notes to editors
Where FTTP is not available, customers will be offered the next best and faster package by visiting Sky.com/Broadband or speaking to our customer service team.
- Gigafast is 25x faster than Sky Broadband’s standard fibre. The 25x faster claim is a comparison of the average download speed of Sky Broadband Gigafast (900Mbps) vs Sky Broadband Superfast 35 (36Mbps).
Sky is Europe’s leading media and entertainment company and is proud to be part of Comcast Corporation. Across six countries, we connect our 23 million customers to the best entertainment, sports, news, arts and to our own award-winning original content.
Following the launch of Sky Glass, we now offer customers our strongest ever line-up of products and services. As well as the new streaming TV with Sky inside and everything integrated, customers can enjoy the award-winning Sky Q with all your favourite channels and apps in one place, and with Sky Go you can now access an even better experience on your devices. Sky TV has new channels, new shows and new deals with Peacock, Paramount+ and more. Sky Mobile was voted Best Pay Monthly and Best Value Pay Monthly network by Uswitch, and with Sky Broadband we’re offering our fastest speeds yet.
Building on the success of Sky Originals like Chernobyl, Gangs of London and Brassic, we are doubling our investment in original content by 2024 through Sky Studios. Our new TV and movie studio, Sky Studios Elstree, is expected to create over 2,000 new jobs and generate an additional £3 billion of production investment in the UK over the first five years alone. Sky News provides impartial and trustworthy journalism for free, Sky Arts is the UK’s only dedicated free-to-air arts channel making the arts accessible for everyone and Sky Sports, our leading sports broadcasting service, brings customers some of the biggest and best global sporting events from the Premier League to Formula 1 and everything in-between. Sky Cinema is the home of Sky Original films with brand new films launching every month alongside an unrivalled range of the latest cinema releases and on demand library.
We believe that we can be a force for good in the communities in which we operate. We’re committed to being Europe’s first net zero carbon entertainment company by 2030 and we’re proud to be a Principal Partner and Media Partner of COP26 – the UN Climate Change Conference. We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for our commitment to diversity, and we’ve set ambitious 2025 targets to continue to increase diversity and representation. We’re also committed to investing £30million across our markets over the next three years to improve our approach to diversity and inclusion, and to tackle racial injustice.