- Contract free and Great value -
Sky has today launched a unique TV streaming service in Spain, offering great entertainment and contract-free viewing to customers to watch on all their devices.
The new service will offer the best of Spanish pay TV channels, TV series and on-demand films from around the world in Spanish, predominantly in HD quality, and for only €10 a month, that’s around 30 Cents a day. Customers will also be able to enjoy one month’s free trial as standard.
Sky is designed for people who want complete flexibility without the fuss of a contract. Viewers simply sign up online and can begin to watch immediately on mobiles, tablets and TVs, with the ability to start and stop payments when they want to.
Sky’s entertainment-focused service includes 12 of the most popular pay TV channels in Spain, combined with easy access to some of the most watched and best loved shows like The Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory and Grey’s Anatomy, and hundreds of films on demand.
For families there are also shows from Disney Junior, Disney XD and Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, including, Paw Patrol, Powerpuff Girls, The Lion Guard and Marvel Avengers Assemble. And with content available on up to three devices everyone can enjoy watching their favourite shows at the same time.
Sky is available to anyone in Spain with an internet connection through our app on iOS and android devices, web and on TV using Sky’s low cost, easy to use streaming box that is powered by the Roku streaming platform.
David Nuñez, Director, Market Development, Spain, commented: “Sky’s new service offers customers a great value, no-strings relationship with their favourite shows for just €10 a month. With a simple and intuitive solution, whether it’s watching the latest entertainment live or via catch-up, having the choice of the latest TV Series or enjoying hundreds of box office smash hits, this new service offers something for everyone.”
Andrew Griffith, Group Chief Operating Officer, said: “Sky has many years’ experience bringing the best entertainment and latest technology to consumers and we are now Europe’s leading streaming platform. Our customers in Italy, UK, Ireland, Germany and Austria already enjoy the freedom of contract-free streaming and we’re thrilled to be bringing our new service to Spanish consumers.”
To find out more information or to sign up, please visit www.sky.es or follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/skytvespana, Twitter @skytves and Instagram @skytvespana.
- ENDS –
To find out more please contact:
Cohn & Wolfe
Notes to Editors:
- The channels and associated catch-up content available to customers are:
o Comedy Central
o Disney Junior
o Disney XD
o Fox Life
o National Geographic
- Movies and series are available on demand from Disney, 20th Century Fox, NBCU, Paramount and Sony Pictures
- There will be over 3,600 hours of content available for customers to choose from
- This is the first time that Roku boxes have been made available in Spain. Roku is the USA’s leading streaming device manufacturer – in fact, 1/3 of streaming devices in the US are made by Roku, and they out-sell AppleTV by 2 to 1
- We use Roku boxes for our streaming services in our other territories, so have a track record of delivering quality experience to customers using these boxes.
- New customers can purchase the Sky box for €25 from sky.es
- Sky has already launched contract-free subscription TV services in UK (2012), Italy, Germany & Austria (2016), and Ireland (2017)
- No one streams more encrypted live content and on demand than Sky. Last year we delivered over 500 million streams on NOW TV in the UK alone.
Sky is Europe's leading entertainment company, serving 22.5 million customers across five countries - UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria and Italy. The company has annual revenues of £12.9 billion and is Europe’s leading investor in television content with annual programming spend of over £6 billion.
Sky’s success is not just based on what the company does but how it does it. Named as one of the Top 10 Green Companies in the World by Newsweek, one of the world’s most recognised rankings of business’s environmental performance, Sky ensures its responsible business strategy is embedded right across the group.
Sky actively supports many sports and has a record breaking cycling team, Team Sky, which includes champion riders, Chris Froome and Benat Intxausti.
Sky has over 31,000 employees and is listed as one of The Times Top 50 employers for women. Sky is listed on the London Stock Exchange (SKY).