Sky Mobile, voted Network of the Year by Uswitch, has today announced that customers can share their spare data with someone they know who may need it, by adding a free Sky Mobile SIM* to their account that they can gift to friends and family.
Available from today, 10th February 2021, Sky Mobile customers will be able to add an extra SIM to their account and top it up with their spare Piggybank data to share with others.
Since the first national lockdown, Sky Mobile customers have been saving more data than usual, rolling over a sizeable 69GB** on average into their Piggybank. So, whether it’s to provide a helping hand for those without access to Wi-Fi, to help someone who’s running low on data or to ease Wi-Fi demands for those working or learning from home, customers will be able to share their unused data with others.
Paul Sweeney, Managing Director of Sky Mobile comments: “We know lots of people have rolled over spare data over the past year so we’re making it possible for them to share it with someone who really needs it. Whether that’s giving data to a grandparent to stay connected or to help others who are home schooling, we hope this free SIM will go some way in providing a much-needed data boost.’’
To add a free Sky Mobile SIM and begin sharing spare data with others, customers can simply follow these steps to get started:
- Visit sky.com/sharemysparedata to add a free SIM to your basket
- When it arrives, follow the instructions on the SIM pack to active it
- Once activated you can give it or send it to anyone you want, ensuring current government guidelines are adhered to
- Start sharing your spare data from your Sky Piggybank with the new SIM on the My Sky App
Unlike other network providers, Sky Mobile lets their customers keep all their data for up to three years. Every month any spare data rolls into your Sky Piggybank ready for you to use later or share with family. Spare data can be shared with up to 7 SIMs on the account or can be exchanged for rewards, like accessories or money off a new phone.
For more details on Sky Mobile visit sky.com/mobile
For further information, please contact the Red Sky Mobile team via email@example.com or the Sky Mobile team directly via: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Notes to editors:
*Offer available to all Sky Mobile customers who have fewer than 7 SIMs on their account. The offer is available from 10.02.21 until 25.02.21.
**Average data in Sky Mobile customers’ Piggybanks in December 2020.
- Why is Sky doing this? We know some customers have been building up a large Piggybank balance over the last few months and wanted to help them share this with friends or family members.
- How do I share my data with my new SIM? Go to the ‘Mobile’ tab in the My Sky app. Select the new SIM and choose how much data you want to roll on to it.
- Can I send the SIM to my friend or family member’s address? Your new SIM will go to the registered account holder’s address for you to share with someone in your household or post on to a friend or relative. Please check current Government COVID restrictions when delivering your SIM.
- How long is the new SIM free for? The new SIM will be free for 12 months. After that it will be £5 a month or you can cancel if you feel it’s no longer needed.
Sky is Europe’s leading media and entertainment company and is proud to be part of the Comcast group. Across six countries, we connect our 24 million customers to the best entertainment, sports, news, arts and to our own award-winning original content.
Our technology, including the market leading Sky Q, connects people to everything they love - TV, music, games, online video, fitness and educational content, all in one place, easy. Our streaming service, NOW TV, brings viewers all the enjoyment of Sky with the flexibility of a contract-free service.
Building on the success of Sky Originals like Chernobyl, I Hate Suzie and Brassic, we are doubling our investment in original content by 2024 through Sky Studios. Sky News provides impartial and trustworthy journalism for free, while Sky Arts, the UK’s only dedicated free-to-air arts channel, makes the arts accessible for everyone. Our new TV and movie studio, Sky Studios Elstree, is expected to create over 2,000 new jobs and generate an additional £3 billion of production investment in the UK over the first five years alone.
We believe that we can be a force for good in the communities in which we operate. We’re committed to being Europe’s first net zero carbon entertainment company by 2030. We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for our commitment to diversity and we’ve put in place a new programme to invest £30million across our markets over the next three years to tackle racial injustice.