Following this morning’s announcement, Sky has been nominated for a total of 24 British Academy Television Awards and Television Craft Awards.
Covering a range of genres, the nominations include three nominations for Sky Original series in the Drama Series category, with nods for I Hate Suzie, Gangs of London and Save Me Too.
Zai Bennett, Managing Director, Content, Sky UK and Ireland, said:
“We’re delighted with Sky’s 24 nominations for this year’s BAFTA TV awards and it’s great to see I Hate Suzie, Gangs of London and Save Me Too, securing 3 out of the 4 nominations for Drama Series. The spread of awards across drama, comedy, entertainment and factual alongside news and sport, demonstrates the quality of our original content right across Sky and our growing investment to bring viewers TV that they love. Congratulations to everyone for involved in all of the nominated shows.”
The list of Sky nominees includes:
- GANGS OF LONDON Gareth Evans, Matt Flannery, Thomas Benski, Jane Featherstone, Lucas Ochoa, Hugh Warren - Pulse Films, SISTER/Sky Atlantic
- I HATE SUZIE Lucy Prebble, Billie Piper, Andrea Dewsbery, Julie Gardner, Georgi Banks-Davies, Anthony Neilson - Bad Wolf/Sky Atlantic
- SAVE ME TOO Simon Heath, Jessica Sykes, Lennie James, Lizzie Rusbridger, Coky Giedroyc, Jim Loach - World Productions/Sky Atlantic
- BILLIE PIPER I Hate Suzie - Bad Wolf/Sky Atlantic
- LEILA FARZAD I Hate Suzie - Bad Wolf/Sky Atlantic
- LUCY PREBBLE I Hate Suzie - Bad Wolf/Sky Atlantic
FEMALE PERFORMANCE IN A COMEDY PROGRAMME
- DAISY HAGGARD Breeders – Avalon, FX Productions/Sky One
MALE PERFORMANCE IN A COMEDY PROGRAMME
- JOSEPH GILGUN Brassic -Calamity Films/Sky One
COMEDY ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAMME:
- ROB & ROMESH VS Jack Shillaker, David Taylor, Murray Boland, Danielle Lux, Bill Righton - CPL Productions/Sky One
- LIFE & RHYMES Production Team - CPL Productions, Licklemor Productions/Sky Arts
- THE THIRD DAY: AUTUMN Production Team - Sky Studios, Plan B Entertainment, Punchdrunk Entertainment, HBO/Sky Atlantic
- LOVECRAFT COUNTRY Production Team - Afemme, Monkeypaw, Bad Robot, Warner Bros., HBO/Sky Atlantic
- SKY NEWS: INSIDE IDLIB Production Team - Sky News/Sky News
- BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX Production Team - Sky Sports F1/Sky Sports Formula 1
- ENGLAND V WEST INDIES TEST CRICKET Production Team - Sky Sports/Sky Sports Cricket
EMERGING TALENT: FICTION
- Georgi Banks-Davies (Director) I Hate Suzie - Bad Wolf/Sky Atlantic
- Marcus Viner ENO’s Drive & Live: La Bohème - Somethin' Else, ENO/Sky Arts
- CRISTOBAL TAPIA DE VEER The Third Day (episode 3)- Sky Studios, Plan B Entertainment, Punchdrunk Entertainment, HBO/Sky Atlantic
- WILL EDWARDS, MICHAEL O’HALLORAN Marina Abramović Takes Over TV - Northern Town/Sky Arts
PHOTOGRAPHY & LIGHTING: FICTION
- ED RUTHERFORD Little Birds -Warp Films/Sky Atlantic
- MATT GANT, MEGAN BOSAW Gangs of London - Pulse Films, SISTER/Sky Atlantic
- SHAHEEN BAIG The Third Day - Sky Studios, Plan B Entertainment, Punchdrunk Entertainment, HBO/Sky Atlantic
- RICHARD KONDAL, ALEX OUTHWAITE, ADRIAN SANDU Hitsville: The Making of Motown – Fulwell 73, Universal Music Group/Sky Documentaries
TITLES & GRAPHIC IDENTITY
- PETER ANDERSON STUDIO Roald & Beatrix: The Tail of the Curious Mouse - Hartswood Films/Sky One
All shows are available to watch on Sky and NOW.
Winners of the BAFTA Television Craft Awards will be presented at a virtual ceremony on Monday 24 May, and the BAFTA Television Awards will be presented at a ceremony on Sunday 6 June, broadcast on BBC One.
Sky is commitment to more than double its investment in original content by 2024. More than 125 Sky Originals will air this year including Wolfe, Landscapers, Code 404, Brassic, Breeders and Hawking.
Notes to Editors:
For more information, please contact:
Gehan Bashumailah, PR Executive, Sky: email@example.com
Sky is Europe’s leading media and entertainment company and is proud to be part of the Comcast group. Across six countries, we connect our 24 million customers to the best entertainment, sports, news and arts including our own award-winning original content.
Our technology, including the market leading Sky Q, connects people to everything they love – with entertainment from Sky TV, Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video and BBC iPlayer, and apps like Spotify, YouTube, BBC Sounds, Highbrow, Fiit, and more, in one place, easy. Our streaming service NOW, brings viewers all the enjoyment of Sky with the flexibility of a contract-free service.
Building on the success of Sky Originals like Chernobyl, Bulletproof and Brassic, we are doubling our investment in original content by 2024 through Sky Studios. Sky News provides impartial and trustworthy journalism for free, Sky Arts is the UK’s only dedicated free-to-air arts channel making the arts accessible for everyone and Sky Sports, our leading sports broadcasting service brings customers some of the biggest and best global sporting events from the Premier League to Formula 1 and everything in between. Our new TV and movie studio, Sky Studios Elstree, which will open in 2022, is expected to create over 2,000 new jobs and generate an additional £3 billion of production investment in the UK over the first five years.
We believe that we can be a force for good in the communities in which we operate. We’re committed to being Europe’s first net zero carbon entertainment company by 2030 and we’re proud to be a Principal Partner and Media Partner of COP26. We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for our commitment to diversity and we’ve set ambitious 2025 targets to continue to increase diversity and representation. We’re also committed to investing £30million across our markets over three years to improve our approach to diversity and inclusion, and to tackle racial injustice.
NOW is the home of brilliant entertainment. We’re one of the UK’s leading streaming platforms with critically acclaimed shows, new and exclusive movies, unmissable sport and epic kids TV – all with no contract. Join in with an Entertainment, Cinema, Sports, Kids or hayu Membership to stream instantly across TV, mobile, desktop and over 60 other devices. Watch on the go and even offline with our app by downloading shows and movies.
Entertainment Members can enjoy critically acclaimed dramas, documentaries and comedies, Emmy award-winning shows, the best of HBO and exclusive Sky Originals. Cinema Members can discover over 1000 brilliant movies, from the latest blockbusters and classic favourites and a new premiere every day. Sports Members cheer on unmissable Premier League, international cricket, F1, golf and more – all live, across 11 Sky Sports channels.
Plus, members can enhance their experience with NOW Boost – that’s full 1080p HD, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound and streaming on up to 3 devices at once, for an extra £3 a month.
For super-fast broadband, members can enjoy a contract-free connection with a NOW Brilliant Broadband, Fab Fibre or Super Fibre Membership.