Following this morning’s announcement, Sky has been nominated for a total of 27 Virgin Media British Academy Television Awards and Television Craft Awards, a record for the company.
Sky Original drama Landscapers is nominated in seven categories, including Leading Actor for David Thewlis, making it the second most nominated show at the BAFTA Television Awards this year.
Three nominations were secured for Sky original comedy Bloods, including Male Performance in a Comedy Programme for co-creator and star Samson Kayo, following his win in the same category at the Royal Television Society Awards yesterday (March 29).
Sky’s nominations cover a range of genres, including entertainment, factual, sport and news, as well as drama and comedy.
Zai Bennett, Managing Director, Content, Sky UK and Ireland, said: “Twenty-seven nominations is a record haul for Sky and we couldn’t be prouder. It’s testament to the breadth and quality of original and exclusive content that we offer across the board to our customers.
“The riveting and exceptionally stylish Landscapers was delivered by a world-class creative team, with outstanding performances by both David and Olivia, and thoroughly deserves its seven nods.
Congratulations to everyone involved in all of the nominated shows.”
The full list of Sky nominees include:
- LANDSCAPERS Will Sharpe, Ed Sinclair, Katie Carpenter, Olivia Colman, Jane Featherstone, Chris Fry – SISTER, South of the River Pictures/Sky Atlantic
- DAVID THEWLIS Landscapers – SISTER, South of the River Pictures/Sky Atlantic
MALE PERFORMANCE IN A COMEDY PROGRAMME
- JOE GILGUN Brassic – Calamity Films/Sky Max
- SAMSON KAYO Bloods -Roughcut TV, Sky Studios/Sky One
- LIFE & RHYMES Production Team - CPL Productions, Licklemor Productions/Sky Arts
- DEATH OF ENGLAND: FACE TO FACE Clint Dyer, Dixie Linder, David Sabel, Rufus Norris, Christine Schwarzman, Roy Williams - National Theatre, Sabel Productions, Cuba Pictures/Sky Arts
- MARE OF EASTTOWN Production Team - wiip Studios, The Low Dweller Productions, Juggle Productions, Mayhem, Zobot Projects, HBO/Sky Atlantic
- SUCCESSION Production Team - Project Zeus, Hyperobject Industries, Gary Sanchez Productions, HBO/Sky Atlantic
- KATE WINSLET Mare of Easttown - wiip Studios, The Low Dweller Productions, Juggle Productions, Mayhem, Zobot Projects, HBO/Sky Atlantic
- MATTHEW MACFADYEN Succession - Project Zeus, Hyperobject Industries, Gary Sanchez Productions, HBO/Sky Atlantic
- THE ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX Production Team - Sky Sports, Formula 1/Sky Sports Formula 1
- SKY NEWS: AFGHANISTAN: ENDGAME Production Team - Sky News/Sky News
EMERGING TALENT: FICTION
- NATHAN BRYON (Writer) Bloods – Roughcut TV, Sky Studios/Sky One
EMERGING TALENT: FACTUAL
- SOPHIE CUNNINGHAM (Director/Producer) Look Away – Top Hat Productions/Sky Documentaries
- WILL SHARPE Landscapers - SISTER, South Of The River Pictures/Sky Atlantic
- ELEN PIERCE LEWIS Landscapers – SISTER, South Of The River Pictures/Sky Atlantic
MAKE UP & HAIR DESIGN
- CHRISTINE BLUNDELL, LESA WARRENER The Nevers – Mutant Enemy, HBO/Sky Atlantic
- ARTHUR SHARPE Landscapers – SISTER, South of the River Pictures/Sky Atlantic
PHOTOGRAPHY: FACTUAL sponsored by The Farm
- JAMES INCLEDON Liverpool Narcos – Blast! Films/Sky Documentaries
PHOTOGRAPHY & LIGHTING: FICTION Sponsored by ScreenSkills High-end Television Skills Fund
- ERIK WILSON Landscapers - SISTER, South of The River Pictures/Sky Atlantic
- JAMES FRIEND Your Honor – Moonshot Entertainment, King Size Productions, CBS Studios/Sky Atlantic
PRODUCTION DESIGN sponsored by Microsoft
- CRISTINA CASALI Landscapers - SISTER, South of the River Pictures/Sky Atlantic
- HOWARD BARGROFF, JUDI LEE-HEADMAN, HARRY BARNES, OLIVER BRIERLEY, ADAM ARMITAGE, JAMIE CAPLE Intergalactic – Motion Content Group, Moonage Pictures, Tiger Aspect Productions/Sky One
SPECIAL, VISUAL & GRAPHIC EFFECTS
- JEAN-CLAUDE DEGUARA, MILK VFX, EGG VFX, GARETH SPENSLEY, REAL SFX Intergalactic - Motion Content Group, Moonage Pictures, Tiger Aspect Productions/Sky One
TITLES & GRAPHIC IDENTITY
- CERI SAMPSON, ADAM WELLS, STEVE WAUGH Lions Series: South Africa 2021- Sky Creative, gotgotneed, Coffee & TV/Sky Sports Action
- NATHAN BRYON, PAUL DOOLAN Bloods – Roughcut TV, Sky Studios/Sky One
- JESSE ARMSTRONG Succession – Project Zeus, Hyperobject Industries, Gary Sanchez Productions, HBO/Sky Atlantic
Winners of the BAFTA Television Craft Awards will be presented on Sunday April 24 and winners of the Television Awards will be presented on Sunday May 8.
For more information please contact:
Charlotte Mitchell, Head of PR, Content and Brand: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sky is Europe’s leading media and entertainment company and is proud to be part of Comcast Corporation, a global media and technology company that connects people to moments that matter. Across six countries, Sky connects 23 million customers to the best entertainment, sports, news, arts and to our own award-winning original content.
Following the launch of Sky Glass, we now offer customers our strongest ever line-up of products and services. As well as the new streaming TV with Sky inside and everything integrated, customers can enjoy the award-winning Sky Q with all your favourite channels and apps in one place, and with Sky Go you can now access an even better experience on your devices. Sky TV has new channels, new shows and new deals with Peacock, Paramount+ and more. Sky Mobile was voted Best Pay Monthly and Best Value Pay Monthly network by Uswitch, and with Sky Broadband we’re offering our fastest speeds yet.
Building on the success of Sky Originals like Chernobyl, Gangs of London and Brassic, we are doubling our investment in original content by 2024 through Sky Studios. Our new TV and movie studio, Sky Studios Elstree, is expected to create over 2,000 new jobs and generate an additional £3 billion of production investment in the UK over the first five years alone. Sky News provides impartial and trustworthy journalism for free, Sky Arts is the UK’s only dedicated free-to-air arts channel making the arts accessible for everyone and Sky Sports, our leading sports broadcasting service, brings customers some of the biggest and best global sporting events from the Premier League to Formula 1 and everything in-between. Sky Cinema is the home of Sky Original films with brand new films launching every month alongside an unrivalled range of the latest cinema releases and on demand library.
We believe that we can be a force for good in the communities in which we operate. We’re committed to being Europe’s first net zero carbon entertainment company by 2030 and we’re proud to be a Principal Partner and Media Partner of COP26 – the UN Climate Change Conference. We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for our commitment to diversity, and we’ve set ambitious 2025 targets to continue to increase diversity and representation. We’re also committed to investing £30million across our markets over the next three years to improve our approach to diversity and inclusion, and to tackle racial injustice.