- New ad-free Sky Kids linear channel unveiled to complement children’s busy routines, supporting families through their day-to-day adventures
- Available at no extra cost for Sky TV customers with Sky Kids and NOW Entertainment Members, offering new Originals as well as franchise favourites such as Trolls: TrollsTopia, Clifford The Big Red Dog and Morph
- New Sky Originals include Fearne Cotton’s scripted show My Friend Misty and Ready, Eddie, Go! based on books by award-winning author Nikki Saunders
From February 2023, Sky Kids will say hello to a shiny new linear channel dedicated to entertaining and inspiring children (age 1-7) and supporting families through their daily adventures.
Home to ad-free 24-hour programming, the new channel will showcase quality Sky Originals and big names that kids love and parents can trust, at no extra cost to Sky Kids customers and NOW entertainment members.
Lucy Murphy, Director of Kids Content at Sky said: “We’re so excited to announce the launch of our brand-new linear channel. Millions of our customers already love watching our huge range of Original shows on-demand but families with younger kids have told us that watching on linear channels is an important part of their day; so, we’ve listened and expanded our Sky Kids offering at no extra cost.
“The new channel will have a whole breadth of brand new and much-loved shows for kids and families to enjoy and we can’t wait to reveal the full fantastic line-up of shows.”
The channel will help parents juggle their daily routines, with programming built to complement different blocks of their busy day. Content will span themes of learning and doing, arts and crafts, music, dance and fitness, and much more, with a raft of brand-new Sky Originals set to air. This includes Fearne Cotton executive producing My Friend Misty (age 5-7), which sees animated character Misty set out to build kids emotional resilience. Misty surprises a group of children in the show with magical visits, helping them to deal with their feelings both good and bad by providing a series of tips and practical exercises to support them in difficult situations.
Fearne Cotton, Executive Producer, said: “I'm very excited for you all to meet My Friend Misty. This show will introduce us to a host of characters and situations where differing emotions crop up. Misty is always on hand to help the children in the show through their emotion, whilst causing a little mischief along the way. It's a fun, colourful and explorative show for both kids and parents. It's a very exciting first Happy Place co-production".
Also launching next year as a new Sky Original is Ready, Eddie, Go! (age 3+), based on the loveable character Eddie who is autistic. We see him taken step by step through new experiences and situations such as a trip to the barbers, so when he encounters this in real life, he’s ready to go! The animated series is based on books (Eddie’s Stories) written by award-winning author, Nikki Saunders, also well known in the SEN (special educational needs) community and whose eldest son is autistic.
And Dino Club (age 4+), giving viewers the chance to discover the strangest and most surprising truths about dinosaurs, as they journey through a fantastically fun virtual land of these pre-historic giants. Our young intrepid hosts, Ayo and Harriet, time travel into the past to reveal facts along the way and have an amazing adventure.
The fun doesn’t stop there, as children and families will also be treated to franchise favourites such as Trolls: TrollsTopia (5+), Where’s Wally (5+), Madagascar a Little Wild (5+), LEGO (1+) and Clifford The Big Red Dog (3+), new learning shows such as 123 Number Squad! (3+), as well as seeing some of the existing most-loved Sky Kids Originals; MC Grammar: Wonder Raps (5+), Pip and Posy (2+), The Brilliant World of Tom Gates (6+), Morph (3+), The Very Small Creatures (2+) and more, scheduled on the channel.
The channel will provide endless opportunity to keep kids inspired and entertained both on and off screen, with the full line-up of shows in store soon to be announced.
Seamlessly integrated into the Sky Kids package which already offers 10,000 episodes of kids’ content on demand and a variety of partner channels such as Nick Jr., Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon, the new linear channel will give viewers access to a raft of new Sky Original programming and franchise favourites, all at no added extra cost for customers with the Sky Kids package. Existing Sky customers can upgrade to the Sky Kids package for just £6 a month.
Members of streaming service NOW will also be able to enjoy the new channel as part of its £9.99 Entertainment Membership.
For more information contact:
Eve Williams (PR Manager, Sky): email@example.com
Notes To Editors
- Dino Club: Produced by True To Nature. Executive Producer, Wendy Darke and Series Producer: Adam Oldroyd. The Commissioning Editor at Sky Kids is Ian France.
- My Friend Misty: Hillside productions, part of CTVC. Executive Producer Ian Holt and Fearne Cotton. Directed by Will Brenton. The Commissioning Editor at Sky Kids is Ian France. Launching in April 2023
- Ready Eddie Go!: Hocus Pocus Productions. Executive Producer, James Murphy and Nikki Saunders. The Commissioning Editor at Sky Kids is Ian France. Launching in October 2023
About Sky Kids
- The Sky Kids package is currently home to over 10,000 episodes of award-winning kids’ content on demand and a variety of linear partner channels such as Nick Jr., Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon
- A new Sky Kids linear channel will be added to the package from February 2023, available at no extra cost for existing Sky Kids customers, offering a raft of new Sky original content and franchise favourites to inspire and entertain kids (age 1-7)
- The scheduled programming has been built around blocks of the busy day to help parents juggle their children’s routines
- All Sky Kids content is available to watch in safe, child-friendly environments. Through the Sky Kids app which offers content on demand, available to all Sky customers with the Sky Kids package, parents can create personalised age profiles for their children, alongside a ‘sleep mode’ to moderate screen time, while they watch content on the go.
- The Sky Kids package is available for just £6 a month, for Sky customers with Sky’s signature pack. Members of streaming service NOW can also enjoy Sky Kids with its £9.99 Entertainment Membership.
NOW is the home of brilliant entertainment. We’re one of the UK’s leading streaming platforms with critically acclaimed shows, new and exclusive movies, unmissable sport and epic kids TV – all with no contract. Join in with an Entertainment, Cinema, Sports or Hayu Membership to stream instantly across TV, mobile, desktop and over 60 other devices. Watch on the go and even offline with our app by downloading shows and movies.
Entertainment Members can enjoy critically acclaimed dramas, documentaries and comedies, Emmy award-winning shows, the best of HBO and exclusive Sky Originals. Cinema Members can discover over 1000 brilliant movies, from the latest blockbusters to classic favourites. Sports Members can cheer on unmissable Premier League, international cricket, F1, golf and more – all live, across 11 Sky Sports channels.
Plus, members can enhance their experience with NOW Boost – that’s full 1080p HD, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound and ad-free streaming on up to 3 devices at once, for an extra £5 a month.
For super-fast broadband, members can enjoy a contract-free connection with a NOW Brilliant Broadband, Fab Fibre or Super Fibre Membership.
Join us: nowtv.com
See what’s on offer: nowtv.com/offers
Stay in the know: facebook.com/NOWTV
Go behind the scenes: Instagram.com/NOWTV
Join the conversation: https://twitter.com/NOW
Be part of the hype: https://www.tiktok.com/@now