This privacy notice applies to the processing of personal data by the Sky Media Village website. The Sky Media Village website is operated by Sky (UK) Limited and Sky (UK) Limited needs to use your personal information (data) as the data controller for a number of reasons.
This privacy notice informs you about the way Sky (UK) Limited uses your personal data. It contains information about what personal data is used, how and why it is used, and it also provides you with an overview of the data protection rights you may have.
Who we are and how to get in touch
We are Sky (UK) Limited. Our company number is 232191 and our registered address is Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 5QD.
References in this policy to “Sky (UK) Limited”, “Sky” “we” “us” or “our” should be interpreted accordingly.
What type of information we have and where it comes from
We have listed the broad categories of personal data that we may process about you below. The purposes for which we process your personal data are listed further below and we have given a few examples there to help you understand how the categories of personal data and the purposes for which we process them are linked.
If you’d like further information, you can contact us as described further in this policy. We may use the following broad categories of personal data:
- Information you've provided to us about your business, its employees, or other contacts, including their names and contact details.
- IP addresses, MAC addresses, unique identification numbers, online identifiers (including device IDs and advertising IDs), browser information, location data port information, logical network address, and other similar identifying information required for your devices to communicate with websites and applications on the internet.
- Information about the way you use the Sky Media Village website including what content you choose to engage with, for how long, how often and other analytical type data.
How we obtain your information, why we have it and what we may do with it
We are the data controller for the information that we collect and process about you. Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you or your business contact for one of the following reasons:
Purposes and legal bases
The main purpose for which we process your personal data is so that we can provide you with the services provided by the Sky Media Village website and as governed by the contract between us and you. In addition to the main purpose described above, we may also use personal data for the following purposes and in reliance on the following legal bases:
- In reliance upon our legitimate interests to Improve our website, services and customer experiences (including contacting you about what type of content on the service would be relevant or best suited to you) by using analytics and working with our suppliers to improve the services we offer, and develop new content and services; and
- To protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party; in the detection and prevention of fraud and other crimes; and for the purpose of protecting national security. We do this primarily to comply with applicable laws. However, where no laws require such sharing, we rely on our or the applicable third party’s legitimate interest in enforcing our/their rights or in the detection and prevention of fraud and other crimes.
We do not currently process personal data in the context of automated decision-making or profiling that would produce legal or other significant effects for you. If that changes at any time in the future, we will notify you beforehand as required.
How we may share your data
We work with a number of suppliers to process your personal data for the purposes described above. These suppliers act on our behalf and must only process your personal data in accordance with our instructions. The categories of suppliers that we may use include:
- IT companies
- Other Sky group companies (Information can be found here)
- PR Agencies
Where our suppliers are based outside of the European Economic Area, we grant these suppliers access to personal data only if appropriate measures and controls are in place to protect your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws, regulations and regulatory guidance. More information can be obtained about this processing by contacting us as described in this notice.
How long we keep personal data
The information you provide to us is stored securely on servers provided by IT Companies who act as our Data Processors.
In general, your information is retained for as long as you use the Sky Media Village website and seven years after that. This is to make sure that we can provide a response to requests after you have stop using the service. It also meets the requirements of our insurers and allows us to make and defend legal claims.
We will then dispose your information by securely destroying physical copies and deleting back-up copies on computers and systems.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Where you have given us consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you in an electronic format, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us using the information below if you wish to make a request.
Whether your right can be exercised depends on the circumstances and so if you exercise your rights, we will check whether such exercise is valid and will keep you informed throughout this process.
If you have any queries or comments about this privacy notice, please write to Sky (UK) Limited , Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 5QD marked for the attention of “Data Protection Officer” or contact Sky’s Data Protection Officer via email@example.com.
How to complain
Finally, if you are unhappy with how your personal information has been treated, please contact the Data Protection Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help. If you are still unhappy, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website.
Changes to this notice
We will occasionally update our privacy and cookies notice. We will post a notice of any material changes on our website prior to implementing the changes, and, where appropriate, notify you using any of the contact details we hold for you for this purpose. This may include phone, SMS, e-mail, post. We encourage you to periodically review our notice to be informed of how we use your information.
This privacy notice was last updated 16.03.22