Working with us
The Sky Entertainment Production Team negotiates budgets and (short form) contracts for all original productions. We work closely with the commissioning teams and production companies to ensure delivery of the highest quality programming at all levels.
The Production Team act as the main point of contact for production companies in all matters relating to the production process. Assisting to resolve any issues that may arise be they financial, insurance, talent, archive, compliance, legal, delivery, scheduling or music.
Information & templates
For help and advice please click on the links below. Even if you have worked with Sky before please review these documents to keep up to date with changes to our requirements.
Here you will find a range of important production information including music guidelines, contract templates and post production queries.
- Production Pack
- Editorial Compliance Pack
- Silvermouse Guide
- Schedule of Residuals
- Sky Music Guidelines
- Photography delivery requirements
To be submitted with budget and schedule:
These documents contain the technical production information for high definition and standard definition content.
- Sky DPP Technical Standards
- Sky Launch Technical Guidelines for UHD Content
- Sky Launch Technical Guidelines 360 Video Content
- 16x9 Safe Area Template
Technical Specification for Sky Vision
- Sky Vision HD File Technical Specifications and Deliverables Schedule - LIGHT ENT
- Sky Vision HD File Technical Specifications and Deliverables Schedule - DOCU and FACTUAL
- Sky Vision HD File Technical Specifications and Deliverables Schedule - SCRIPTED and DRAMA
- Sky Vision UHD Technical Specifications and Deliverables Schedule - LIGHT ENT
- Sky Vision UHD Technical Specifications and Deliverables Schedule - DOCU and FACTUAL
- Sky Vision UHD Technical Specifications and Deliverables Schedule - SCRIPTED and DRAMA
- Lip-Sync Investigation and Management. Operational Guide.
Health & safety
- Download Risk Assessment Template
- Download Independent Commissioning Safety Policy
- For additional information on your legal duties go to the HSE website.
Sky is committed to ensuring that its productions and workforce reflect the diversity of modern Britain. Whether viewed from the perspective of age, gender, race, disability or sexuality (or combinations of those factors), there is evidence that some groups are consistently under-represented.
One way we will address this, will be increasing diversity across all our productions. In connection with this, we want to give particular focus to how people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds are portrayed on screen, involved in productions and contribute as writers. Bringing about effective change is a challenge without easy solutions; but it is a challenge, which with your help, we are ready to take on.
While this is really important to us, we need to ensure by doing this we don't discriminate, so we've drafted up the guidelines below to help you with this.
Sky is also a participant in Diamond which is a diversity monitoring initiative set up by the Creative Diversity Network to monitor the diversity of individuals participating in productions both on and off screen in the UK. The Diamond modules are held within silvermouse. Your production co-ordinator will provide you with details of how to obtain a login to Silvermouse and a user guide is available to download above. Please complete the contributors form, the Diversity Actual Form and Diversity Perceived form. Further details can be found on the CDN website and the Sky Production Pack (above).